Motor vehicle accidents involving trucks are usually more complicated than other car accidents. Because truckers are often on the job when the accident happens, you may have a claim against both the driver and their employer, which is why it’s important to choose the right truck accident attorney for your case. Here are a few factors to consider before hiring a truck accident lawyer.
- Experience – When choosing a truck accident attorney, it is crucial to find a lawyer who has experience with truck accident litigation and personal injury cases. Experienced attorneys will know what is needed to file a successful claim and will prevent you from being bullied by unfair insurance settlement tactics.
- Focus – Using an attorney who focuses on truck accidents and personal injury law is important. Attorneys who practice heavily in these areas will be able to devote their time and attention to your case in a more efficient manner than other attorneys who practice in all areas of law and their experience is often much more extensive.
- Personal Outreach – Look for an attorney who is willing to reach out to you and take the time to work with you directly. Many attorneys and law firms never take the time to get to know their clients and understand their situations.
- Expert Help – Truck accident litigation often requires the assistance of experts who can help prove the legal elements required for a successful claim. An experienced Austin Truck Accident Attorney will be able to identify the types of experts that are needed and will hire the experts needed for your case.
- Testimonials – When selecting an attorney, always ask look at testimonials from former clients. This will allow you to gauge the expertise and professionalism of the attorney.
If you are involved in an accident with a large truck, contact the Austin truck accident attorneys at Terry & Kelly, PLLC as soon as possible to learn more about your options and to protect your interests. Call our experienced legal team at 512-910-2000 to schedule a free consultation and obtain a case evaluation.