The year 2015 was a horrible year for drivers in the Austin area. Last year Austin, TX broke the record for the number of fatalities related to driving accidents with 102 traffic-related deaths. When compared to 2014 this number has nearly doubled.
The increase in traffic accidents in the Austin area can be attributed to the increasing population in the area leading to larger amounts of people on the road and a decaying road system. As more people use Austin’s roads the risk for car accidents and fatalities increases dramatically. Many of these traffic related deaths could be attributed to driving at high speeds, the illegal use of electronic devices, poor road signage, and the lack of passageways for cyclists and pedestrians.
With so much at stake, it is crucial for area residents to make the extra effort to stay safe while driving in the Austin area. Terry & Kelly, PLLC encourages all drivers to:
– Obey all speed limits and traffic laws
– Be aware of drivers around them
– Avoid distractions such as texting and driving
– Never drink and drive
– Look twice for pedestrians, bicycle riders, and motorcycles, especially at intersections
– Refrain from listening to the music too loud
– Take extra precautions during rainy or icy weather
– Keep your car properly maintained
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, it’s extremely important to contact a personal injury attorney immediately in order to protect certain legal rights. If you are looking for an Austin Car Accident Attorney, contact Terry and Kelly, PLLC today at 512-910-2000 for a free consultation and case evaluation.
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.